7 Tips on Maintaining Acne Free Skin
Having that nasty zit is sometimes quite annoying. In fact, it is a great factor on suffering low self-esteem particularly on young people whose main focus at puberty is the physical attribute. Preventing acne breakout is not a piece of cake that is why even if you know everything about acne control, the acne still shows up every now and then. The lack of time to maintain acne free regimen daily contributes to the breakout. So how do you maintain your acne free skin? Here’s how:
1. Do not prick the acne affected area. Touching it with bare hands can cause further irritation. Unclean hands carry undesirable microorganism that can cause acne. So it is rather safe to keep your hands or any other object from your face to impede the inflammation of the acne and scarring of the skin as well.
2. Avoid using oil-based products on your hair. Guys and girls wear hair products to improve their appearance. Dermatologist might agree that the products are safe on the scalp however, this chemical-laden beauty products slide down to your face as you sweat out. The fluids goes down to the acne hence aggravate the already affected area of the skin.
3. Minimize the use of cosmetics over the pimple. It is alarming to know that although beauty products can conceal your pimple break out, it increases the risk of infection. The combination of the harsh compounds on your foundation makes up and bacteria that come with the sponge (if the foundation you are using is not newly opened) exacerbate the acne. If your job requires you to wear make up, you should avoid those generic brand make up. Some generic brands of make up do not mention the harsh chemicals that are present in the product.
4. If you are using alcohol-based and oil-based facial wash or toner, taking a break will somehow minimize the inflammation of the skin.
5. Avoid getting anything that might contain microorganism to touch your face. These include your unmanaged hair, dirty handkerchief, towels and even pillow. The only way to control the transfer of organism to your face from the material of origin is to always keep your hair in a bun or use a hair band that will keep it in place away from your face, a fresh pillowcase for your cushion, and clean towel and handkerchief to wipe your face.
6. An over-the-counter ointment can be bought from your local drugstore. A topical cream or ointment containing benzoyl peroxide is your best bet to vanish that undesired acne. Some dermatologist recommends tretinoin-based products cream over the benzoyl peroxide because of irritant threat on the peroxide content. Depending on how sensitive the skin is, you can choose from the two.
7. If the acne is severe, a visit to your dermatologist is needed. The dermatologist will prescribe oral antibiotic to take at a certain period of time. Or if applies, an adapalene gel will be prescribed by the dermatologist for you to use for time duration. Close monitoring of the medication is needed since like other prescription-required medicines, it might trigger unknown allergies.